At Nomadic Travel, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent to Rob Hitchings, Managing Director by writing to Nomadic Travel, 25/26 Gandy Street, Exeter, EX4 3LS or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you can telephone 01392 221199.
Who are we?
Nomadic Travel is a travel company established in 1999 which provides travel arrangements to worldwide destinations.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you contract with us in person at our premises, speak with us by telephone, communicate by email or use our website.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include the following:
- Name and address
- Email address and telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Passport information
- Dietary preferences
- Additional needs due to reduced mobility
- Payment information such as credit card and bank details, however these are not retained once your payment has been processed
- How you would like to hear from us
- Details of current and previous holidays you have booked with us, details of enquiries you have made with us and details of quotes you have asked us to provide to you.
- Feedback you have provided to us, including post travel questionnaires you have submitted to us and details of any complaints you have made.
- Interaction with our social media pages
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Contact you regarding queries raised in person, over the telephone or via the website contact form;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Deal with entries into a competition;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- These may include information about products and promotions of our associated companies’ goods and services;
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as part of your ongoing relationship with us as a client.
Who has access to your information?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you so that you can ensure its accuracy. You can do this by the following methods:
Send an email to the administrator here and request the information held about you;
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Links to other websites
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you?
Subject to the conditions prescribed in applicable laws, you have the right : (i) to access, rectify or request erasure of your personal data; (ii) to ask us to restrict processing of it; (iii) to request portability of it; (iv) to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data which is based on a third party’s legitimate interests; and (v) to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided above. For more details on your data protection rights see www.ico.org.uk
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.